What's new

Alexander Korda Films (1 Viewer)

stevenHa

Second Unit
On Turner Classic Movies, they've been showing Korda's films from the 30's like Rembrandt, Fire Over England, and Scarlet Pimpernel, and considering how poor they looked, I was wondering if anyone knows if they can be restored ?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd love to see so many of the early Korda films which have never been on DVD and are rarely ever on TV. Years ago Carlton TV (since taken over by Granada) in the UK bought the Korda library and at the time made much publicity about how they had restored some of the titles such as The Four Feathers but I suppose it would not be cost effective to restore most of them. Worldwide rights to the library is now held by ITV Global Entertainment Ltd through their Granada Ventures subsidiary.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I had been in high hopes, following the most excellent releases of Criterion's THIEF OF BAGDAD and MGM's FOUR FEATHERS (1939) that a stellar release of Korda's JUNGLE BOOK (1942) might be coming. Alas, no news yet. Hell, I'd give up a week's salary for a great transfer of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks