Alan Rickman movies not available...!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by KellyReeVo, Jul 21, 2004.

1. KellyReeVo

KellyReeVo Auditioning

I have been trying to find a couple of films featuring Alan Rickman with no luck. The titles I am looking for are "Dark Harbor" and "An Awfully Big Adventure".
    I understand that DH was published in R1 on DVD but has not been available for a while now. I cannot find that AABA has ever been available in R1 on DVD. If anyone knows of a reason for the hold on these titles. I would love to hear from you.
    I came across AABA on VHS many years ago at the local video store and I just loved it. I would have thought with Rickman's recent popularity(HP) there would be a bigger push to get out previous titles of his on DVD. Also missing is "The Winter Guest" which I belive he directed:an understated gem of a film.
    Also, congrats to AR on his recent Emmy nod for the HBO film with the horrible title that I never get right - "A Thing the Lord Made" (I hope that's it :b ). If you are a Rickman fan, you must see it!

2. Daniel Windsor

Daniel Windsor Stunt Coordinator

The Winter Guest is a great film and has a very nice anamorphic transfer in the UK. You can buy it from www.amazon.co.uk

Dark Harbor is available cheap at Amazon.com Marketplace

An Awfully Big Adventure is being released in October on Region 4 Australia by NBC-Universal-Vivendi.

Have you seen Close My Eyes? Great film. Available in the US and the UK. The UK disc is superior.

If you can go multi-region you will find some other Rickman films in the UK.