Alan Rickman movies not available...!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by KellyReeVo, Jul 21, 2004.

1. KellyReeVo

KellyReeVo Auditioning

Jul 19, 2004
    I have been trying to find a couple of films featuring Alan Rickman with no luck. The titles I am looking for are "Dark Harbor" and "An Awfully Big Adventure".
    I understand that DH was published in R1 on DVD but has not been available for a while now. I cannot find that AABA has ever been available in R1 on DVD. If anyone knows of a reason for the hold on these titles. I would love to hear from you.
    I came across AABA on VHS many years ago at the local video store and I just loved it. I would have thought with Rickman's recent popularity(HP) there would be a bigger push to get out previous titles of his on DVD. Also missing is "The Winter Guest" which I belive he directed:an understated gem of a film.
    Also, congrats to AR on his recent Emmy nod for the HBO film with the horrible title that I never get right - "A Thing the Lord Made" (I hope that's it :b ). If you are a Rickman fan, you must see it!
  2. Daniel Windsor

Daniel Windsor Stunt Coordinator

Oct 27, 2003
    The Winter Guest is a great film and has a very nice anamorphic transfer in the UK. You can buy it from

Dark Harbor is available cheap at Marketplace

An Awfully Big Adventure is being released in October on Region 4 Australia by NBC-Universal-Vivendi.

Have you seen Close My Eyes? Great film. Available in the US and the UK. The UK disc is superior.

If you can go multi-region you will find some other Rickman films in the UK.