What's new

Alan Keyes' talkshow on MSNBC (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
So what's up with this? IS MSNBC trying to steal religious-right viewers from Fox News, or what's going on? I like the guy, and I like the show, but it's a little puzzling no less.

/mike

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised too when I saw the ads for his show. I wasn't a fan of his before, so I doubt I'll ver watch the show (unless his guests are the Blue Oyster Cult).

Philip_cw_H

Auditioning
I haven't watched the show, and don't really have any opinions on the content of the show or similar shows on other networks. The only thing that I find interesting is the title. "Alan Keyes is Making Sense", it seems to imply (at least to me) that the network automatically agrees with whatever Mr. Keyes opinions are. That seems out of place on a news channel to me.

I realize that news channels may have a particular political slant of their coverage, but to come out and have a show that says that the host of the show has the right opinions just seems outside journalistic bounds to me.

Of course, I may have unrealistic expectations of today's news channel environment.

Ike

Screenwriter
He had a special on mormon bashing at the Olympics. :laugh: Hard hitting journalism at it's finest. I don't care about his political bias, it's not like anyone doesn't know, or can't figure out after 10 minutes of his show, that he is a Republican. And I'm a liberal.
MSNBC, well, it wouldn't have made sense to call the show "Alan Keyes is Making Statements Which This Station Neither Accepts Nor Rejects".
If any of these cable news channels had a genuine, good show, be it helmed by liberal or conservative, I'd watch it. But they all seem to me moralistic, pop culture, head line readings around a round table. I don't care what the senior editor for Newsweek has to say about Enron. Interview an employee of Enron, and see how they feel! It's just not compelling journalism.
I hope my statements weren't too overly politcal, but I'm guessing they were fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks