1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Aladdin (2019)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jake Lipson, Nov 2, 2017.

1. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I guess Disney didn't learn from Malificent Part 2.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

Or the 2nd "Alice" movie! :D

We'll see. Past failure doesn't dictate future failure, but the 2nd "Alice" and "Malificent" flicks definitely don't inspire confidence that "Aladdin 2" will be a hit...

TravisR likes this.
  3. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Oh boy...can't wait for everyone to start the complaining it's an original story and how awful it is. :mellow:

I just want the filmmakers, whoever they are, to make the movie they want to make. If people like it, great. If people don't like it, great.

4. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    I wonder if the sequel will be a musical, with all new songs? Hopefully they will bring back Alan Menken. Maybe the could finally work "Proud of You Boy" into a movie.

5. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    I would assume so. Since the first film was a musical, it would be pretty weird to produce a sequel that completely dropped that format.

I assume that they will have Menken back as long as he wants to come back. He has never actually written music for a sequel to one of his previous films before, because all the other sequels were direct-to-video cheapie productions and I'm sure they didn't want to pay him. For a big theatrical release sequel, I'm sure they would though, provided that he finds it creatively worthwhile to come back. He obviously isn't in a position where he needs the money.

Proud of Your Boy is a better song than this iteration of the franchise deserves in my opinion. I thought they should have included it in the live-action remake before seeing it, but when I saw it I was glad that it lives in the higher-quality stage version instead of in that movie.