What's new

Aladdin (2019) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That being said, the Variety article that broke the story about this sequel implicitly says that it will not be based on ideas from either of the direct-to-video animated sequels.

Oh boy...can't wait for everyone to start the complaining it's an original story and how awful it is. :mellow:

I just want the filmmakers, whoever they are, to make the movie they want to make. If people like it, great. If people don't like it, great.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I wonder if the sequel will be a musical, with all new songs? Hopefully they will bring back Alan Menken. Maybe the could finally work "Proud of You Boy" into a movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wonder if the sequel will be a musical, with all new songs?

I would assume so. Since the first film was a musical, it would be pretty weird to produce a sequel that completely dropped that format.

I assume that they will have Menken back as long as he wants to come back. He has never actually written music for a sequel to one of his previous films before, because all the other sequels were direct-to-video cheapie productions and I'm sure they didn't want to pay him. For a big theatrical release sequel, I'm sure they would though, provided that he finds it creatively worthwhile to come back. He obviously isn't in a position where he needs the money.

Proud of Your Boy is a better song than this iteration of the franchise deserves in my opinion. I thought they should have included it in the live-action remake before seeing it, but when I saw it I was glad that it lives in the higher-quality stage version instead of in that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alain A.
Recent bookmarks