What's new

Alabama Meet? (1 Viewer)

John Gates

Second Unit
I'm fishing for interest in an Alabama meet. I'm in Birmingham, and I'd be very willing to host if there is enough interest.

I'm thinking late September might work out very well and give enough time to plan.

Who's interested?

John G

John Gates

Second Unit
Surely I can't be the ONLY HTF'er in Alabama? :frowning: That would be gruesome, horrible, and downright icky.
Anybody here?
John G

Brandon Blair

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be up for a meet in Birmingham, if we could get a decent sized group together. I'm pretty flexible on the timing of it as well.
I've definetely noticed the lack of posts from those in our area on this and other sites like it. But I know I have seen at least 5 or 6 others from Birmingham post on this board if they would just stumble onto this post like I just did:)
Brandon

John Gates

Second Unit
Brandon,
I had almost given up! :)
We'll just let this hang for a few weeks and see if anyone notices. It would be fun to pull together 5 or 6 of us for a meet. If not, heck, you can come over anytime and watch a movie with us. :)
Stay in touch,
John G

Josh Kretzchmar

Auditioning
Hey guys, I'm game. I am not that far from Bham, plus I would also be willing to host a get together if need be. Surely there are some more folks from AL on here.

JackB

Grip
I'm in Atlanta, but I might come I someone doesn't get one together here. Are you still planning one? Do you have any agenda in mind?

John Gates

Second Unit
Wow! After zero response, I was pleasantly surprised to see a few more nearby folks coming outta the woodwork. :)

I'd suggest we plan a location (I would be willing to host at my place). I'm in Birmingham.

For agenda, I'd suggest the following:

1. Food and drink (burgers on the BBQ?)
2. Hang out and discussion
3. Movie demo in the HT
4. Swap meet (everyone brings DVDs and equipment to sell or trade)?

My HT can seat about 15 people. Spouses would be welcome.

My gear includes:

nOrh SM 6.9 mains
nOrh marble 4.0 center
nOrh wood 4.0 surrounds
SVS 20-39's
Sony 1272Q front projector (CRT with 7' screen)
Onkyo 787 running most of it.

It's not the most advanced, impressive, or professional setup, but it is very fun to play with. I'd be open to another location as well if someone has better space for a large gathering. It's really fun to get together with other HT buffs. :)

Let me know....

John G

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks