What's new

Al Kooper coming to SACD (1 Viewer)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Al Kooper coming to SACD - www.alkooper.com.
"UPDATE: DECEMBER 18TH, 2002
I want to thank all of you who sent in venue suggestions over the last six weeks. They were duly noted and through a connection with old pal Chuck Prophet, I finally have hooked up with human booking agents. So now it’s just a matter of time before we get to your town! Already in the works - a belated return to Japan in June for three shows in Tokyo and one in Osaka. Haven’t been since 1978 and can't wait to go CD shopping there as well!
I’ve upgraded my home studio to 5.1 surround-sound mixing capability and am currently mixing SUPER SESSION and CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MAN in surround-sound for release on SONY SACD. No release date has been set and that gives me the time to do as good a job as I possibly can. The engineering on the master tapes is wonderful. Hats off to Fred Catero, Bob Berault & Roy Hallee for amazing 1967-1968 use of technology."

DanaA

Screenwriter
Especially love Super Session. I'm a big Mike Bloomfield fan and wonder if there will be additional tracks. I love it when there are new releases like this. :emoji_thumbsup: By the way, Mike seems pretty "up" on the new Criterion Monterey Pop. Oh well, you know those days were fun.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
George Bush and pals still threatening the world
I don't think its appropriate to include personal attacks on the President or make any other political discussion here, even as part of a quotation. I am very supportive of President Bush and this thing frankly offends me.

Thanks for the news, however.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Lee - those are Al Kooper's remarks and I do not control them as they are part of his website. I will edit out that part of the quote since it does not deal with music.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Phil,
Thanks. I was a bit cranky about this yesterday, so I apologize for being so abrupt. I guess I have some strong views in this area.
Thanks again for removing them. :)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Lee - that is fine - you have no excuse to be cranky until you get to be my age or until you get stranded on a desert island with John K and nothing but DVD-As to listen to. I was just relaying the info on the comings SACDs and did not even notice anything except the the SACD news. - Phil:D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MAN is one of my all-time favorites. Columbia released this as a Gold Disc about 5 years ago. I am anxious to hear it in SACD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks