Akira Ifukube R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sean Campbell, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

Japanese composer Akira Ifukube passed away yesterday at the age of 91. Along with Miklos Rosza, he was my all time favourite film composer. He provided the music for a vast number of films during his long career, notably dozens of Toho's sci-fi productions ( many Godzillas, The Mysterians, Rodan, Atragon etc... ) and in addition to this he also composed many fantastic stand alone symphonic pieces, some of which are absolutely wonderful.
    I've been a big fan of his work since I saw 'Destroy All Monsters' as a kid and spent the guts of my late teens and early twenties trying to track down as many of his CDs as I possibly could. It wasn't until I discovered the internet that I finally managed to import most of his material. It's an awful shame his stuff is so hard to find in the west.
    R.I.P. Ifukube san - I'll be giving the Godzilla soundtrack a spin tonight. [​IMG]

2. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

He was the one that wrote the soundtrack to the original Gojira movie? That was an awesome soundtrack! [​IMG]

3. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    I regularly listen to his Toho film scores. Ther are magnificent and he will be sorely missed.

RIP.

4. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My favorite film composer after John Williams
    RIP

5. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    One of the all time greats. Rest in Peace. [​IMG]