Akai PTH5498 Help!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimmieR, Dec 20, 2002.

1. JimmieR

JimmieR Auditioning

I need someones help. I have an Akai PTH5498 54 inch HDTV that I purchased from Sam's in July. It has worked great until yesterday. While watching it the picture suddenly went bright. Going into the setup you can turn the brightness down to where the bar just barely shows and it is close to being back to normal. I thought maybe that the light difference in the room might be the cause but it does not change under different lighting conditions. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced the same problem and if there is a simple fix?

Thanks

JimmieR

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Your post might get more responses here in "Display Devices," which is why I moved it. Also, what happens when you reduce the brightness and contrast?

3. JimmieR

JimmieR Auditioning

When I reduce the brightness all the way down to almost zero it looks OK. Why all of a sudden would it just do that? When you go under the standard setting it looks washed out where before it looked OK but not great. I always heard that the factory settings were poor.

Thank you

Jimmie

4. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Sounds like an impedence problem to me. Try unplugging every direct video/audio connection you have going into it...see it that fixes the image. Another thing you can try is to terminate any outputs the TV may have with 75 ohm terminators available at Radio Shack.

Just a guess...