Akai PT4298HD: Stand or no stand

Discussion in 'Displays' started by curtis_h, May 15, 2004.

1. curtis_h

curtis_h Auditioning

I would like to venture into the hd world soon but I am limited on my funds but maybe the Akai PT4298HD at Costco would be a possibility. I see them at Costco for about $899 so that is a plus and the fact that Costco has an really go return policy (basically I can return it even a year after purchase if it does not work out).
    The two questions I have are: What is all your takes on the HDTV? PQ on digital cable, DVD, and possibly HDTV, and anything else?
    Second, the height seems to be low. I have what I would call normal sized furniture and the tv seems to be low. I know that there is a stand at circuit city that matches the samsung model that is similar to this unit but if later the Akai does not work out I don't want to be stuck with the stand because circuit city's return policy is not a open and long as Costco's. Those of you that have this unit what have you done? Did you buy the stand? Was the tv height not an issue? Thank you.

2. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

They have gone through a number of ownership changes recently, witin the last 8 or so years they have gone from self-owned to owned by Mitsubishi, back to self-owned again today.

I don't know much about Akai.