What's new

Akai HDTV from Sam's Club (1 Viewer)

JimmieR

Auditioning
Can anyone tell me about the 54 inch Akai or know where I can get a review on this unit. The unit is available at Sam's club at a decent price compared to others. It appears to have a great picture with the progressive scan DVD.

Thanks

KelvinMc

Auditioning
I can't tell you about the Akai HDTV, but I got the normal big screen Akai from Sam's and I really enjoy it. I haven't seen anything that comes close to it for the price. Also from what little I could find, people seem to like it. I went ahead and bought the extended 3yr warranty, just in case.

AdrianQ

Auditioning
I did a little digging around the web, and found a couple of resources that might be worth looking at. It seems that the model of tv you're looking for is the Akai PTH5498. (I think KelvinMC might have the PT5498) There isn't too much specific info on the web, but I did find this eCoustics forum thread that gets to talking about the HDTV model near the bottom. In that post, someone suggests that it might be a sister model to the Samsung PCL545r.
We don't have Sam's club around here, but I know the Samsung is sold at Costco, which is a similar type of store. Does the picture look like the Akai?
Finally, the Samsung has some reviews posted on Audioreview.com. They're all pretty glowing. If they are indeed the same, maybe these can help.
Oh yeah, Akai's homepage is here but there's not much on it.
Hope this helps!

JimmieR

Auditioning
Thank you guys for the quick response and web sites. It does look similiar to the Samsung PCL545R but is different. I will check out the other sites that you provided and again thank you. So far I have been very pleased with this unit for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks