Akai CFT2791 Screen Messed Up

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BlakeS, Dec 2, 2002.

1. BlakeS

BlakeS Extra

I got this TV from Sam's Club in August for my dorm room, and within the past 2 weeks the lower section of the screen is loosing some of its pixels. Well actually, its loosing a lot of them, I'd say about 100 of the horizontal lines are "jumping" about within their regions causing some black space to occur in the bottom portion of the screen. My question is this, I purchased an extended 2 year warranty from Sams Club, but who do I take the TV to for replacement? I think the 2 year extension was from Sams Club, but when I took it in the first time (1 week after purchase to buy a new one, which is my current TV) they told me that after the 90 day parts and labor warranty that comes with the TV I would have to call Akai and have a technician come to fix the TV. However, I don't have the manual anymore and Akai isn't a real company, so would I contact Philips or whoever it is that is the true manufacturer of the TV?

2. BlakeS

BlakeS Extra

I should note that it does not happen right after the TV is turned on. Normally it will occur in about 5 minutes after turned on, and it doesn't jump straight to the problem. It will first have a bright vertical line go straight across the display, and then it will gradually fade into the problem, not necessarily by one pixel at a time. However, I must say that after my first post I turned around only to see that the display went back to normal. It's weird because thats never happened before, normally I would have to turn off the TV for about 5 mins before turning it back on to fix the problem. Hopefully the screen will stay good through primetime tonight. [​IMG]

3. Robert_Powers

Actually Akai is a real company based in Santa Monica, California.They've been making musicial engineering products for many years and have recently been taking the plunge in making TV's and other electronics with Samsung parts.I myself have an Akai as well.I have the PTH5498(54" HDTV) and it's been working great for me.
    If you need a number for Akai the number on my warranty is 1-888-697-2247 or check for more info on their website at http://www.akaiusa.com
    Cheers