1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Aiwa Power up Problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by steve-gos, Jun 8, 2005.

1. steve-gos

steve-gos Auditioning

I am a newbie here and this is my first posting. I'm having trouble with an Aiwa AV D57 surround sound receiver. I bought it used because I had a 2 channel Aiwa and loved it, plus it still has phono inputs so I can play LP's (that's an important feature for me).

Anyway, the problem I am having is that when I power up the receiver all I get is a small red light on the front panel. After several attempts, I powered the unit up and tested it with Star Wars VI dvd - it sounded pretty good for an older receiver. Went to shut it down - now I get nothing but the red light, no clicking sounds nothing. I have read that it might be the transformer, but can't be sure. Is this DOA? Can I fix it?

Any help will be great - at this point my other option is buying new and loosing the phono inputs or buying a stand alone processor to go with my 2 ch Aiwa AV-S17.

2. John S

John S Producer

If you disconnect all the speakers does it power up normally? If not, DOA, I would say.

3. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

See other AV-D57 post for pictures.