What's new

Airwolf Season4 (1 Viewer)

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
Whats the difference in Season 4 than the other 3 seasons of the series? And if you hate this season, heres the thread to rant about it.

Cheetah

Stunt Coordinator
Being the all or none completist that I am, if I collect a series I get the entire run or else I don't bother at all. I enjoyed the series when it originally aired on CBS and really considered buying the season sets. However the season four disaster which ran on USA Network is so bad that when faced with the thought of buying it, I decided not to purchase any of the Airwolf sets. It is a real shame that it even exists.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A different cast. I never saw it, so I don't automatically hate it. Barry Van Dyke is pretty cool on Dianoga's Murder, so I'd give it a shot. But, those who have seen it just don't like it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They just dropped everybody from the first three seasons--no Archangel, no Dom, no String--and focused on St. John. They also couldn't use the actual helicopter, so they just used existing footage.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

You don't know what you're missing out on. I'm one that will collect EVERY season, but this isn't even the same show. Even IMDB.com lists it as Airwolf II. As I stated one time, after the show got cancelled, USA aired reruns and the reruns got such good ratings they decided to start a new show. Only no one, (including the helicopter which had been sold after the show was cancelled), wanted to come back.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And, I understand that the poor Lady was destroyed in a crash which killed the crew and patient being transported to a hospital. :frowning:

(I just reread that, and I want to make clear that the :frowning: is for the human loss. The loss of the Bell is sad, but nothing compared to the people involved)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Yup and as much as the lady made the show, string and dom were as vital. In S4 it is so apparent that it is footage from first 3 seasons cut in. That was just another knock on what was a very dismal attempt by USA to cash in after the re-runs did so well.

There is no doubt to me the show would have run atleast a couple more seasons on CBS if not for Jan Michael's alcohol abuse. You can tell watching S3 that he was intoxicated pretty much every episode. Thankfully it does not seem to hurt the show that much. But it really is sad to see it right infront of your eyes. CBS really had no choice but to call it quits as the situation got to the point where they couldn't even film with him drunk. So S3 is the end of airwolf!!

Another show completed for me.. I can't wait to get into the fall guy and chips in a couple of weeks!!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Id watch Galactica 1980 from start to finish before id sit through 1 episode of the USA Airwolf, how is that for bad! Dont watch season 4, it tarnishes what came before.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
As someone said the helicopter was sold, went into use as a medical helicopter in Germany. Crashed a few years ago in a storm, as i recall.

Cheetah

Stunt Coordinator

I completely agree with that. Even when excluding the one or two episodes which were actually quite good in Galactic 1980, I'll still easily take the worst of that season over Airwolf season 4 hands down. It is no comparison.

A summary of the entire series is on tv.com and the writer includes a couple of paragraphs on season 4.

http://http://www.tv.com/airwolf/sho...esults;title;0

Edit: I just noticed that the link I provided doesn't work for whatever reason. Just go to tv.com and of course type in Airwolf at search field.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I just finished Season 3 and J-M didn't seem in bad shape to me, he was always a bit quirky ;)

As for Season 4 I probably will pick it up if its released (which I say it will).

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
When you know what to look for you can tell when someone is sober...or not. By the end of the 3rd season you can tell!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks