What's new

Airtags buyers and owners thread (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Stuffing that fat little Airtag in that crowded wallet. Wouldn't work for me. The engravings are cool though. :)

Oh no doubt. I’m looking for a cinch cord or other dangly attachment but even those might not work well

Nah... you probably just need to get used to it much like we all did w/ stuffing phablets into out pants pockets these last few years, LOL... ;) :D

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Or possibly...

Hammer Time.gif

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Reading that AirTags can’t be shared even within a “family”. I see the privacy concerns. I assume Apple is trying to figure this out for future ios updates. But this is a bummer. I would want my wife to be able to track my luggage and vice versa.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Struggling to imagine something that chonky in my wallet.

i agree totally. And suspect only a few folks will do it. I also suspect we will see Apple innovate in this space rapidly with different form factors. My point really was that the 3D printing community is filling the void for putting airtag carriers into a lot of places for low costs. Wallets, remotes, AirPods etc. I don’t do much practical printing but I’m making a few of these

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I carry a slim wallet in my front pocket with three credit / debit cards, my DL and insurance cards, and a money clip on back with a couple of bills folded in it and it’s still bulkier than I like. There is literally no room for a chunky air tag or a tracker if any kind unless it’s as thin as a credit card. 33BFEE42-F520-40B5-8A56-B91314D1BD48.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Again, fair. I'm not suggesting anyone but me do this, and I expect it will be less than 18 months until Apple has released a credit card size or smaller Airtag. Tile already does it, no reason Apple can't. Well, battery life, physics etc, but you get my point =)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
As a board-gaming enthusiast with a wife who keeps buying game organizers and piece replacements, I’ve become quite aware of the Etsy-realm 3D printer innovations! :D

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This is the first time I’ve had to fly since 2014 but I assume I still have remove my shoes and belt at the security checkpoint?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks