What's new

Airport 77. (1 Viewer)

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator
There is something bugging me about this movie. Were there ever planes as large as the one in this picture? The passenger space is so wide and I have never seen a plane with an upstairs passenger area. Is the model of the plane used just made up?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
From a plane-related website:

Boeing even went so far as to build an entirely new factory for 747 production because the new aircraft was so much larger than its predecessors. The fuselage is enormous, with a main deck seating nine abreast plus an upper deck lounge aft of the flight deck.
While I don't know if Airport '77 took liberties with the plane, it sounds like the 747 was as big in real-life...

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. I guess their are (or were) planes that size. I've never seen one at an airport so I figured the movie just made it up. It would be cool to ride in one of them.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Wasn't Airport '77 about the Concord? That is one big plane, too.

And George Kennedy in a serious role? Bwahahahaha...

Phil

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Airport '79 was the one that took place above the famed Concorde line.

It is also the only one in the series where the plane doesn't crash, it just narrowly avoids things hitting it...

Easily the most boring one out of the series...

While on the subject of airplane movies...have you ever scene the telefilm "Ghost Flight of ____" (I can't recall the number of the flight...sorry...)

Anyway it is a supposed true story of a flight that went down in the Everglades...

In it, most of the people are saved, but they decide to reuse bits and pieces of the plane in other planes and then those planes are haunted by the captain...in the film the captain is played by Ernest Borgnine....

That is the creepiest part!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks