What's new

International Airport '75, '77 and '80 this July (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Seems Elephant Films will be releasing the remaining three Airport films on blu ray in France on July 8. - I guess time will tell how good they will look and whether this might mean a U.S. release before the year ends.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
I hope Elephant Films Blurays are better than their dvd's.

I recently got Mrs Columbo from France and it was disappointing even for a dvd

WilliamMcK

Second Unit
Real Name
Biff
Has anyone gotten these yet? A friend of mine ordered them, and he's anxious about the picture quality (a review for CONCORDE on the French Amazon site does not bode well!).

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
I received my copies today. Each is region free and without forced subtitles. Picture quality for "75" and "77" are solid. "Concorde" is by far the least impressive in terms of picture quality---a very soft image and a noticeable amount of scratches and artifacts. Whether these films were in fact "restored" as according to the packaging is doubtful ("Concorde" in particular), but the first two sequels are worth a purchase for fans of those films. Supplements are limited to trailers, although the trailer for the film included on the specific disc is missing (e.g., the supplements for "75" include the trailers for "77" and "Concorde" but not "75"). I was amused by the trailers for the other films included on each disc, which include trailers for those eternal classics "The Legend of the Lone Ranger" and "Howard the Duck" (to be fair, trailers for "Bugsy Malone," "The Ipcress File" and "The Eagle Has Landed" are also featured).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks