What's new

AirPods (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That’s good to read. I just wish they’d make the batteries replaceable.
But they are! Go to Apple Store and buy replacement batteries for $159. As a bonus for loyal customers, with each battery purchase, you get a free set of battery housings and a charging unit all thrown in for free!!! :D

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
But they are! Go to Apple Store and buy replacement batteries for $159. As a bonus for loyal customers, with each battery purchase, you get a free set of battery housings and a charging unit all thrown in for free!!! :D
Jokes aside, you can replace individual AirPods battery for $49, or the AirPod itself for $69.
https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jokes aside, you can replace individual AirPods battery for $49, or the AirPod itself for $69.
https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service
Apple is almost certainly tossing the old units and giving you a new airpods without the charger and retail packaging. So, not a bad deal for what has turned out to be a high-end, disposable set of earphones. I don't know that I can get anything like that for my Bose QC30 earphones.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The charge is $49 each and $69 each out of warranty. That’s $138 for a pair, very close to the current price.
Re-reading the charges I think it’s $49 for battery replacement out of warranty and $69 each for anything else out of warranty. Yeah, they have to be giving you new (or refurbished) AirPods since they’ve been built to be non-repairable. So if they give up the battery ghost it’s $98 instead of paying whatever the going price is.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The charge is $49 each and $69 each out of warranty. That’s $138 for a pair, very close to the current price.
I think you are misunderstanding it - if a battery fails in warranty the replacement is free, if it fails out of warranty, then they charge you $49.

The $69 is if you lost your AirPod or it otherwise failed out of warranty (which is treated as the equivalent of losing it).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think you are misunderstanding it - if a battery fails in warranty the replacement is free, if it fails out of warranty, then they charge you $49.

The $69 is if you lost your AirPod or it otherwise failed out of warranty (which is treated as the equivalent of losing it).
Yes, I think you’re right. So two years from now I could get an AirPod replaced for $49. This is better than having to throw them away.

BTW, I ordered a pair from Amazon. They’re expected to ship in 10-14 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PovertyRowFan
Recent bookmarks