Airpods Pro official - buyers and owners thread

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Erp. Can’t do spatial audio until i upgrade to 14. I forgot that requirement. Will check it out after I upgrade. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Has anyone experienced this with spatial audio? I’ve been trying out the past half hour with Atmos demos and YouTube clips. I get high quality fake 3D — like what I remember from 20 years ago the last time this was all the rage. But nothing like what’s described here. Getting up and walking away from my iPhone and the sound remains anchored to me, not to the phone across the room. I don’t know if this requires AppleTV+ content or Ted Lasso or if my brain doesnt do 3 D audio.

“AirPods Firmware Updated with Spatial Audio for Pro Models and Automatic Device Switching for All AirPods - MacStories”
As Ted Lasso played, I turned in my chair and got up, and walked around my office. With spatial audio turned on, which you can do by long-pressing the volume slider in Control Center in the iOS or iPadOS 14 betas, the source of the sound seemed to come directly from my iPad that was sitting on my desk. Next, I switched to watching on my iPhone and moved it as I walked around my office. The entire time the sound seemed to be coming directly from the iPhone.

While testing spatial audio, I moved around far more than I normally would when I watch a show. Even with exaggerated movement, though, the effect felt incredibly real as though the sound were coming from the speakers of the device playing the video. The effect is so well done that I expect in everyday use, like shifting your iPhone from one hand to the other or turning your head for a moment, I’ll forget spatial audio is even engaged.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My right airpod pro stopped charging today. This has happened previously, but cleaning the case resovled it. Today, it's just done.

Chatting with Apple Support, going to ship me a new one. I could go to a store and get it sooner, but getting to the nearest Apple Store is inconvenient on weekdays, so I'll gamble and hope it gets here faster than seven business days.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbob7777