What's new

Airpods Pro official - buyers and owners thread (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Everyone's ears are different of course, but I've been using my APP daily for over a month now and they're VERY secure in mine with the large tips. I have no fear at all that one will fall out and get lost.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Do these airpods come with a charger or do you have to purchase that separately?

The case is the charger, and it contains a battery that lets you get extended use out of the APP when you're away from the juice. The case can charge wirelessly, and it has a Lightning port as well for charging via cable.

airpods-pro-vs-airpods.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The case is the charger, and it contains a battery that lets you get extended use out of the APP when you're away from the juice. The case can charge wirelessly, and it has a Lightning port as well for charging via cable.

airpods-pro-vs-airpods.jpg
So are the Airpods Pro the way to go?

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So are the Airpods Pro the way to go?

I would say yes. Their ANC is quite good, they sound great, they're very light and comfortable, and for me they fit much more securely than the regular Airpods. If you're concerned about them falling out of your ears then the APP is, in most cases, the way to go.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My sister says:
My latest review of the AirPod pros, don’t waste the money. I’m having problems now with people hearing me. It sounds like the noise canceling reverses and the only way to fix is to turn it off. Seems pointless to spend the money if I have to turn the feature off.

Anyone know about this problem and if there’s a fix? Or would Apple take care of it under warranty?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I never heard of this but googled it. One solution via reddit:
there are two ways to wear AirPods..an open way and a closed way. Most people wear them open (with the stem pointing down toward the ground). That way lets more sound in and out, so if someone is listening too loudly then you’ll easily hear it.

Wearing them with the stems pointed forward toward the mouth seals the ear better and blocks most sound from getting in or out. But it makes one look like an Eagle

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My sister says:

Anyone know about this problem and if there’s a fix? Or would Apple take care of it under warranty?
I have heard of one single AirPods Pro issue where they would randomly drop calls every few minutes. The issue was remedied by unpairing then repairing them to the phone. (I think it was on a recent Talk Show with John Gruber podcast.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have heard of one single AirPods Pro issue where they would randomly drop calls every few minutes. The issue was remedied by unpairing then repairing them to the phone. (I think it was on a recent Talk Show with John Gruber podcast.)
I’ll see if she’s unpaired : repaired.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's wear them the right way. If you have leaks you are aiming them wrong.

Not entirely true. Everyone's ears are shaped differently. There are people who will not be able to get a decent seal with the APP simply because of their anatomy and the physical design of the product.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Not entirely true. Everyone's ears are shaped differently. There are people who will not be able to get a decent seal with the APP simply because of their anatomy and the physical design of the product.

No doubt. But if your default position is to wear them aimed at the floor for looks, instead of aimed at your mouth so the mics actually work right, you are doing it wrong =)

Make sure you are using the right size tips and do the fit check
https://support.apple.com/en-mide/HT210633

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's wear them the right way. If you have leaks you are aiming them wrong.
If you can point me to Apple ads or promotional imagery showing this as a recommended and normal way to wear them, I’ll gladly pass it along.

Otherwise, “wear them weird” isn’t a suggestion I can give my sister :).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Messaged my sister with the pic. Waiting to hear back. She said the regular AirPods were uncomfortable that way. But hadn’t tried the Pros yet.

otherwise she said the Apple online help suggested all the things that don’t work that are on the internet.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bought AirPods Pro, ordered yesterday and arrived this afternoon.

I killed my Bose QC30 earphones yesterday. :( I've used them at the gym regularly. But the past two months, I'm using them out jogging. Apparently that was too much for them, and they died -- shut off spontaneously and then fuzzy sound when I got them powered back on. I checked, and they're not rated for any sort of water resistance and no mention of exercise / sweat use on the Bose website or manual. So, I asked too much of them, and they ultimately failed.

I want NC earphones. I need wireless. I need water resistance / exercise-suitable. I'm not flying coast to coast these days so I don't need 10 hour battery life. I'm not using my Switch on planes, so I don't have to worry if they'll connect to my bluetooth dongle.

I ordered the AirPods Pro. They fit all my needs right now and didn't require me doing further earphone research. They were $15 off on Amazon as it happened. And next day shipping.

I didn't really want an unplanned $250 luxury gadget purchase. But I wanted even less to not have earphones for jogging and exercising.

Paired them to my iPhone and they're on my wireless phone charger. I'll make sure they're connected to my Apple Watch and get the ear pads sized this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks