What's new

Pre-Order Airplane! (1980) (Remastered Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Of the could have the Mayo Clinic version ...
1658262784870.png
Sponsored by Hellmans in the East and Best Foods in the West :D! With commentary by Hedda Lettuce. This just in - "You've been told before HOLD THE MAYO!"

1658263203186.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I always thought the line should have been, "You have a call from Rye, New York. A Mr. Ham."
"Okay, give me Ham in Rye, hold the Mayo."

That original "Don't Call Me Shirley" edition that exposed all the film's flaws ruins that line for me.

When that line is said over the airport telephone you can clearly hear a woman on the crew laughing aloud at the joke. It's wild that was never removed.

Even worse, during the "Saturday Night Fever" sequence where Ted Striker "springs" back on the dance floor, you can clearly see the springboard on the side of the screen. No attempt was made to hide that.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
That original "Don't Call Me Shirley" edition that exposed all the film's flaws ruins that line for me.

When that line is said over the airport telephone you can clearly hear a woman on the crew laughing aloud at the joke. It's wild that was never removed.

Even worse, during the "Saturday Night Fever" sequence where Ted Striker "springs" back on the dance floor, you can clearly see the springboard on the side of the screen. No attempt was made to hide that.
Another glaring flaw (I think someone on the commentary track pointed it out) is 2 knife rips in the shirt of the guy who gets stabbed during the dance number.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Why not just be satisfied with the BluRay disc and call it a day. Not everything today needs to be in the "Almighty 4K!" Man!

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Why not just be satisfied with the BluRay disc and call it a day. Not everything today needs to be in the "Almighty 4K!" Man!
If it's a quality 4k or higher scan from the negatives or from a 4k or higher digital source, then I would rather it be on a 4k Blu-ray. Plus, you have 10 bit or 12 bit (FEL Dolby Vision) pixel depth and wide color gamut (at least DCI-P3). Heck, even some 2K DI's look great on 4k Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks