AirForce Delta Storm

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Beavers, Dec 31, 2001.

1. John Beavers

John Beavers Second Unit

First off, what is with the button assignments on this game?! Why in the world would you assign the missles and guns to the hard to reach middle series of buttons!? And to further frustrate the gamer, there's no way to reassign them. Very bad game design there if you ask me. This in and of itself is almost enough to make me want to sell the game. However, I did enjoy the action in the first scenario. Though I can't seem to complete the mission. I've destroyed the ground forces and most of the fleet in the harbor. What I can't seem to be able to do is to shake the enemy fighters. I've tried quick turns, I've tried cutting my jets to see if they'd fly on by where I could get a lock on, I've tried to doing a loop da loop manuever, all to no avail, they remain locked onto my backside, and eventually they gun me down. So what's the trick to the air to air combat in this game?

2. Phil O

Phil O Agent

I have the game and have played it a bit but not a whole lot. I would say configure your joystick to use the Ace settings and use the decrease and increase speed to try and get good position on the other fighter. Do that in conjunction with moving the left thumbstick and watching your radar to obtain good position.

I will say it's not easy, turns seem slow, and it can be a challenge to shoot down an enemy jet. I wonder if this gets easier when you unlock better planes. I unlocked a few but got shot down and you lose the planes you buy when that happens.

Good luck, Phil