1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Aircity, the latest spyware

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Joey Skinner, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Second Unit

I've got this evil bastard on one of my computers(running Win98) and don't know how to get rid of it. It's too new to be on Spybot's list. You can't close it and it always comes back if you uncheck it from the startup list. I've been searching for ways to remove it but they always include editing the registry, booting in safe mode, hidden files, etc; a long list of instructions that I am not comfortable with. I'm hoping there is a removal tool or that someone will create one soon. Any one have this problem or know any solutions?

2. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

I had a similar problem a couple of months back. Decided after a couple of months of frustration to reformat the hard drive and switch OS from Windows ME to Windows XP. No more problems [​IMG]

3. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Second Unit

I don't want to do anything that drastic; it's not much of a problem right now. I would like to know a little more about it, like where it came from and what download it comes bundled with. Hopefully the anti-spyware prgrams will come up with a solution soon.

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Have you tried adaware?

I searched computercops.com and came up with this how-to to fix a PC that had aircity on it. Just remember the person with aircity had 3 other bad programs on his/her PC, so you won't have to do all the fixes. (You might need to install Hijack This! to do some of the stuff the fix mentions)

link

Good Luck.