Air purifier for dorm room. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Josh Simpson, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

Ok, I'm waking up every morning congested and miserable, and I think possibly the dorm vents are responsible. Does anybody have suggestions for a purifier for a small room? Thanks.

With some research, I'm finding there are air purifiers, air cleaners and other stuff. Basically, I don't know the differences between the two, and keep in mind this is just one for one small room. I don't need anything big. Thanks.

2. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfer
    We're looking to get a HEPA air cleaner for our bedroom and Wal Mart see,s to have the best deals, and if you find that the cleaner isn't doing the job, you could return it rather easily within the time alotted by their return policy.

Whatever you do DON'T go buying one of those Sharper Image ionic breazes...TOTAL waste of money.

Here's one that seems to be a bargain for a small room:
    HEPA

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I had that model Holmes in my room before and it didn't help my sniffles. It did catch the dust though, looking at the dirty $15 filter every 3 months or so. The room has to be small.

4. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I have a Filter queen Defender air filter in my room
    they are quite pricy new but you can get used ones on Ebay
    they use a better than HEPA filter surrounded by a charcoal filter for odors