What's new

Air Conditioning (1 Viewer)

NicB

Auditioning
I need help badly. I need suggestions on what to do about the heat in my theater room. I've got your standard heat producers (DirectTV reciever, DVD player, reciever, subwoofer, and TV). When you add the heat of a couple of people, the tempature in the room can rise to as high as 85 or 90 degrees. The room is about 880 ft^3. My house has central air, but I don't want to have to turn on the central air to drop the temp in that room since the temp in other rooms would end up in the 60s by doing that. Of course, whatever I end up doing needs to be quiet. I'm open to any suggestions at this point...cheap, expensive, plug and play, do it yourself...doesn't matter...I just need some ideas. Thanks in advance!

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Try running your furnace fan continuously. It will circulate the air in the entire home, filter the air, and provide for a more evenly heated/cooled home. It would help if you have a return air grill in your theater.

Larry*S

Agent
Ive seen those portable, windowless air conditioners advertised over the summer. Ive never used one or known anyone who used one so I cant give you too much info as per how loud it is, how cold it keeps the room, if there is any type of 'water pan' that needs to be constantly emptied..... i was considering using it for my room, but im not up to that stage yet. The ones I have seen run about $600. The ones Ive seen sit on the floor, like a portable heater, so space is an issue aswell. Some of the big appliance chains may carry them. Here, up in NY, PC Richards carried them over the summer.

www.pcrichard.com , click on A/C, = windowless portable.

larry

NicB

Auditioning
I'll try running the fan constantly and see if that helps any. As far as the portable air conditioners...they seem really gimmicky to me since it is physically impossible to cool more than you heat with a heat pump (air conditioners are heat pumps)...basic thermodynamics.

Has anyone had any experience with mini-split ductless systems? I've been reading about them and they look promising. Thanks again for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks