Aiiigh! TICKS in my house!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Dave Poehlman, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Okay.. for those of you who may be squeemish, click BACK now.

Last week I awoke to the feeling of something crawling on me. I turned on the light and it was a tick! Now, I live on a wooded lot and have 2 cats that like to go exploring (and then come in and sleep in my bed)... so, I thought they're about due for a dousing of Frontline. Which I promptly did... and changed the sheets... and vacuumed. But last night, I found another! Blech!

Are these things living in my house rather than on the cats? I have a cedar house and was wondering if they like the wood.

Do those ultrasonic insect repellents work? I was thinking of plugging one of those in next to my bed.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Bear in mind, ticks aren't good for your cats either. Call your local health-department workers about taking care of this. The little monsters carry diseases. (Ever try to disgourge a tick that's partially imbedded in your skin? I have, and it's not pleasant.)

3. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

Dave,

Make sure you use Frontline Plus on them. Regular Frontline doesn't do anything against ticks.

Jeff

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I'll double check if it's fronline plus or not.. but I'm pretty sure it mentioned ticks on the label.

Can vets give some sort of anti-tick shot to my cat? Maybe just to make them not taste so good to the ticks?

I thought I remember hearing on the news that this was a pretty good season for ticks.. we've had a pretty mild winter and a cool spring so far. Where's a heat wave when you need one? ... or a frost (not entirely out of the question here in Wisconsin [​IMG] )

5. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian