What's new

Ahhh this is so true!!! (1 Viewer)

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
I called my Paradigm dealer today (Canada) and they told me that the new Monitor line will be available in 2 weeks. They will have new drivers. For example, the Monitor 9 will have a black bass driver and they will cost about 100-150 more. Also, they will certainly have 1.5" voice coils. He told me that they will sound as good as the Studio series! :D Wow at $750 I have a Studio 80 lol! And he told me also that during September, they will have the new Studio series and they will cost more but he dosent know how much. So for sure, im gonna wait before buying my new Paradigms. In two or three weeks, im gonna listen to the new Monitors series. I cant wait... im in a hurry to see if they are better or as good as the present Studio line.

Shane G

Agent
I also talked to a Paradigm dealer a couple of weeks ago, he also said the Monitors would go up a $100.00 or so.
He didn't mention what the changes were going to be, so it will be interesting to find out what Paradigm has up their sleeve.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
They are trying to make themselves appear more upscale. From what I've heard the Studio series will cost about 1.5 to 2X what they do now.:thumbsdown: For that much of an increase they had better be significantly better.

Tim Robbins

Agent
FYI, the new monitors have been available for a while in Canada. I bought a pair of Monitor 7 v3 for my younger brother about a month ago. there was no price increase (for me) at that time, but I was told that they would be going up a fair bit.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Lucky you, Tim, as I've been in talks with a dealer in Windsor, and he says that the v3's will increase in price a good number.....wish I could get lucky like you.

Do you mind sharing exactly how much you got the 7 v3s for?

Nick V

Second Unit
Did they look any different??
Different finish, size, drivers??
I'm really interested in these speakers

Tim Robbins

Agent
I (well actually my brother) paid $749CAD taxes included. I tend to get good deals at the local place cause I buy a lot of equipment and send a lot of people his way.

As for the differences, I believe the speaker is a bit taller, but don't quote me, I'm not sure of the spec's on the v2. One of the woofers is black, and it is bi-wireable/bi-ampable, again I don't know if the v2 is or isn't.

Joe, you might want to look in smaller cities, as Windsor might be expensive because they know they attract U.S. customers. I live in Sarnia, Ontario, across the river from Port Huron MI. The local shop here is great.

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
If you have seen the ADP 170 v3 drivers they look like that. It has the black rocket cone on the speakers.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Im so in a hurry to see those new babies :D If what my dealer told me is true, the new Monitor line will represent huge value (considering a $100 increase and Paradigm Studios sound). Very soon, I expect to take up the new Monitor series spec sheet at my Paradigm dealer. At least, they have the spec sheets for now :D
And yeah, I know that all the new Monitor and Studio series will cost more. But if you want something which cost less, you can take a look at the Performance series. I went to the Paradigm website and I saw that the Performance series have new drivers. They look so sweet :D I dont know if they sound better althought...

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
I suspect we will see a selling frenzy for the current lines at places like ebay and audiogon when the new lines come out. Many great used bargains on the current Paradigm Studio and Monitor series. :)

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
and I will certainly be one of them :D For sure, my Monitor 3, Monitor 9 and my PS-1000 sub will be sold this year :D

Nick V

Second Unit
If the v.3's are all that they're cracked up to be, I may be selling or trading in my Monitor 11's, CC-370 and Monitor 5's.
One can only hope!!:D

Nick V

Second Unit
Hi all,

I just went to my Paradigm dealer earlier today, and they had the new Monitor 9 v.3's in stock. Unfortunately, that was the only Monitor v.3 model he had in stock. All the information he could give me on the new models was that as they come out, he'll be bringing them in. They do however, look very nice, the bass driver is black and the bass/midrange driver has a black rocket cap. They are a little bit taller, and the design looks a little bit more appealing. The Paradigm logo is on the enclosure, centered, just below where the grill ends on an angled slope.The price has seemed to jump up a significant amount as the retail $price$ seemed to be about $1090.00 CDN. I'm not sure exactly what it was before??

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Well last time I talked to a dealer in Windsor, about 2 weeks ago, he quoted me $510 USD on the v2 Monitor 9's, and they were on clearance, so that'd be about $800CDN?

Donald_Spry

Stunt Coordinator
So, I will upgrade my current Studios with the newer Monitors? Would that still be considered an upgrade? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks