What's new

Ahhh...Done with Finals, Now how to spend FREE Time? (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Now that I actually have some free time before summer session starts in a couple of weeks, I've been thinking about how to spend it.
Let's see. I could...
  • Watch that copy of Ocean's 11 I picked up last week. Great Price! Thanks Best Buy!
  • or I could go ahead to Circuit City and pick up The Others and From Hell for this week
  • or I could finish Resident Evil for my Gamecube. I just got to the second disc with Jill. Great Game!
  • My neighbor and I were talking about having a Nightmare on Elm Street marathon since I have the box set. We might start that tonight.
  • I've had Snatch sitting on my shelf unopened for months. My roomate and I wanted to watch that together.
  • Speaking of unopened, I've had Chicken Run for over a year unopened! Never seen it, and I love Wallace and Grommit! What's wrong with me!?
  • Speaking of never seen, I have the Toy Story Box Set and have NEVER watched Toy Story 2! Maybe I'll wait for the SVS :D
  • I've really been in a Fellini mood lately, so I could re-watch Criterion's awsome 8 1/2 or Nights Of Cabiria (I love that movie!)
  • After a friend brought his Moulin Rouge DVD over to my place a few months ago, I had to go out and get it for myself. Sill havent watched that one yet.
  • I've got the Star Trek: TNG Season 1 box set over there on the shelf and I'm currently on disc 4
  • right next to it is the Transformers Season 1 box set and I'm still on Disc 1 of that collection!
  • only on Commandment 6 of the Decalogue
  • and as soon as Overstock.com gets them in stock, I should have the Neon Genesis Box set at my door soon. (8 discs).
  • or I could just surf the Home Theater Forum for awhile longer!
And don't get me started on extras! I'd have to sit in front of my Toshiba 50H81 24 hours a day to watch all my DVDs including extras. And IMO, I don't have that many DVDs!
I can't remember the last time I was bored. It's been a long, long time since I haven't had anything entertaining I could do to relax and have fun.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
How about volunteering to spend some time at a nursing home visiting with residents? Ultimately, it might be the most gratifying time you ever spend.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
...but you probably won't find her at that nursing home.
Find whoever/whatever/whichever it is that tickles your.....um, fancy. Some of us would give anything to have that time between semesters.....ahhhhhh, youth.
:)

Chris_Anders

Stunt Coordinator
Go outside, get some air, play some sports and loosen up those flabby muscles. Oh, get a tan too, chicks dig that. I'm getting one, In HAWAII!!! Woo HOoo! Never been out of the west coast.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
My point was simply that if you are into Home Theater, you probably buy DVDs. That combination can create an endless amount of entertainment. :emoji_thumbsup: And that's only by occasionally purchasing a few select titles.
The above list is not a schedule for an entire break's worth of activities! :eek: Just what I have to choose from when I decide to sit in front of the HT.
Go outside, get some air, play some sports and loosen up those flabby muscles. Oh, get a tan too, chicks dig that. I'm getting one, In HAWAII!!! Woo HOoo! Never been out of the west coast.
Also a good idea. That's why I'll be on the beaches of in San Diego next week. Anyone ever been there? Know any good places to go?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
When you get it, start watching NGE!

Otherwise, just get some Jolt (if they even make it anymore) and do everything, in the order listed.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I second the first few replies: How about doing something that involves interacting with your fellow human beings, preferably of the opposite sex?!

--

Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks