What's new

Ahh, the Weather Channel... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Why do I even bother watching, when they keep on changing their long range forcast DURING the weather week preview itself? I notice that they forcast rain for 4 days straight(wich seems rather unlikley). Then, Tuesday and Wensday suddenly change to Partly cloudy with sun and temps in the mid 70s....

Heh, apparently the weather changes drastically..

Ah well. I wouldn't even mind the rain, so long as we have a Thunderstorm to liven things up a bit now and then. I just hope this isn't a pattern developing, like in 2000 when it was basically all rain all summer. THAT was depressing.

John Watson

Screenwriter
The weather channels are essentially vehicles for marketing sunscreens, umbrellas, and anti-allergy patent medicines.

A specialized component of the infotainment world's arsenal of weapons of mass distraction.

I swear most of the forecasts were better for what counts when I was a kid, than they are now, with millons of $ of computers, klutzy graphics, and the babbling of weather-thingies.

Sigh, everyone talks about the weather channel but nobody does anything about it. :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ya wanna know the weather? Look out the window.

I also love the WC ever-changing forecasts. First there was rain forecast for Saturday, then the rain disappeared and it was forecast partly sunny, now the rain is back in again.

And their 30-day outlooks were wrong all winter. They continually forecast above average temperatures in this area through December-January-February, yet we ended up having one of the coldest winters on record. :rolleyes

They should just admit they don't have a clue and stop wasting everyone's time.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Now, who remembers when SNL delivered the Leather Report, and Jane Curtin or somebeody dressed as a dominatrix?

I liked Dylan's version - Ya don't have to be weatherman to know which way the wind is blowin' :D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I can't believe anyone actually watches the weather on TV. Are you that bored? That's right up there with watching golf or fishing, it'd put me to sleep in seconds.

I use the link that Matt pointed out above.

Peace Out~:D

ace peterson

Second Unit
I'll stand up and admit it... "I'm, a Weather Channel addict!" Love that channel. Changing forecasts and all. Nobody does a better job that I've seen.

Ace

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks