What's new

Ahh PETA :) (1 Viewer)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nancy Owen, owner of Alegra's Bridal and Invitations, said she was told she could not exterminate her ants. Instead she'd have to relocate them.

"I couldn't believe my ears. I thought I was mishearing what they were saying," Owen said.

That's when Owen knew the ants were an even bigger threat to her shop than she first realized.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW :)

Its unfortunate for the lease holders here, but im glad something like this gets some media coverage.

Chalk one up for normal people

Story Pt I

Story Pt II

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
yeah, unfortunately a group I could believe in has been pretty much ruined by the radicals who seem to be running it. I love the idea behind PETA, but they are so beyond logic the last decade or so its embarrassing. :thumbsdown: I believe during the credits of Shawshank Redemption there is a disclaimer about how the maggots (that were fed to Brook's bird) died of natural causes. :rolleyes

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
My current favorite is the KFC flap. Pam Anderson is running around the country urging people to boycott KFC, and Jason Alexander lost his spokesman gig for publicly criticizing the company - both at the urging of PETA, and both for the same reason: the cruel way that KFC raises its chickens.

Small problem: KFC doesn't raise chickens. Never has. It buys them from Purdue and other major chicken producers, just like you and I do when we go to the supermarket. :)

Regards,

Joe
PETA
(People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Jed, the story I've heard is there were people on the set to monitor the treatment of the bird, and when they went to feed him a maggot those people interjected and insisted that they not feed it a live maggot so they had to find a dead one. I had no idea that anyone would consider a maggot's life so valuable.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
A little song for said owner of Shopping mall

Sung to the toon of be our guest from Beuty and the beast

See My Vest

Burns: Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Is an outfit that looks good...

See my vest, see my vest,
Made from real gorilla chest,
Feel this sweater, there's no better,
Than authentic Irish setter.
See this hat, 'twas my cat,
My evening wear - vampire bat,
These white slippers are albino
African endangered rhino.
Grizzly bear underwear,
Turtles' necks, I've got my share,
Beret of poodle, on my noodle
It shall rest,
Try my red robin suit,
It comes one breast or two,
See my vest, see my vest,
See my vest.
Like my loafers? Former gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
But a greyhound fur tuxedo
Would be best,
So let's prepare these dogs,
Mrs. Potts: Kill two for matching clogs,
Burns: See my vest, see my vest,
Oh please, won't you see my vest.

I would like to see what the owners wordrobe is made up of.

I wonder if this chucklehead eats eggs,

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I would wait until it's late at night and spray them all with raid, then laugh in the evil devil laugh.

PETA is good but run by morons. It's good when they don't allow some hick in texas to forcibly remove the teeth and claws of tigers just because they want one to look at. But killings ants? Give me a break.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Last time I checked ANTS we not on the endangered Species List

I Like to see what the members of PETA do when a Mosquito lands on them and how and if they "RELOCATE" them

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Please do not put Peta in the title of a thread, unless you are going to post some pics. :)

[c] [/c]

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
God I hate PETA... The original cause was good, but they are freaking out of control. PETA needs to be relocated to another freaking planet if you ask me.,.....

R~

P.S. I just went out and stepped on a boat load of ants and let me tell you that is a lot of ants.......... So F.U. PETA............

John Watson

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, very few understand him (the proverbial wise guy)

A few decades ago there were stories about how plants responded to speech, music, etc. They grew better, flowered more nicely, etc.

I'm not sure that leaves the PETA extremists much to chew on

:D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"I love the idea behind PETA, but they are so beyond logic the last decade or so its embarrassing."

Exactly!

Brent

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Seems like it is no longer fashionable to be a PETAphile. :D

(That was a pun! Meant in jest! Really!)

Good thing PETA isn't lobbying for the well-being of parasites...relocating parasites can be a wee bit messy!

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
I would call it Petahysteria. There is no feer of Peta just continual laughter at their pointless antics.

It is good to see that both establishments have found new places of business

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks