What's new

Ahh...does this ever happen to you? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
Ok, this is another rant about spammers. A while back, I recieved 400 some emails from this guy in one day. Then, today I receive 347 from another! Does anybody else get this many or am I just lucky?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
400 emails from one guy?? If they share a common characteristic (e.g. a From address), just use a filter to block them. Any decent email client has the ability to block senders or create rules to delete offenders from the server without even downloading them.

Most spammers morph the addresses/subjects they show in their spams to thwart filters. If you're getting all of yours from a single guy, consider yourself lucky, you can block it all with one stroke of the mouse. Better yet, report this loser to his ISP and get his account cancelled.

KJP

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
No, it's from 2 different guys. The 400 guy was from China I think and the 347 guy is from Montreal. I emailed both the ISP's and haven't gotten another email from the first guy yet. I just emailed the other today (it's in Brazil). Hopefully this will take care of my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks