AGGH! More Married With Children Best-of!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I share the same sentiment. Just prior to dinnertime last night, I had found out about this through a regular visit to Columbia's press database, and went to post a note about it here on HTF.
    Prior to posting it, I stumbled across an already-in-progress discussion in an existing MWC thread.
    I *did*, however, write up a news item for Gord to post at TVShowsOnDVD (it's not up yet...it's up to him to decide to use it as-is - harsh as I made it sound - or use it at all). I don't recall my exact words, but something about "April Fool's tricks" and "denial of season sets" just about sums it up. [​IMG]

3. David Lambert

Just got through enjoying the Reunion special.
    [rant]ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! BRING ON THE SEASON SETS!!!![/rant]
    I've only wanted this since before I joined the HTF...
    [c][​IMG] [/c]

4. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

While I can understand why some shows might be better suited for "best of" releases (Time Life's excellent Beavis & Butthead DVD's come to mind) but putting 5 MwC episodes on a disc and selling it for $20 is simply wrong.

Yes I did buy volume 1 of MwC, not only because I love the show, but I want to show them that there is a market big enough for season sets of MwC.

Look at their other releases advertised in MwC: Volume 1. Every tv show is put out in season sets besides MwC.

Dean

5. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Dave, I too just finished watching the reunion special. I recoginized so many clips from episodes, it made me want to buy the DVDs.....but only full-season-sets.

6. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R
    Please guys, "Vote" with your dollars -as in DON'T buy until they're properly released.
    Season 1 will be bought by myself (and many others) as soon as it's available. I don't wanna 'jump around the episodes' with their choices.
    Hold out men, hold out!
    ~Rob

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If we DON'T buy it, they'll say seasons won't sell
    it's a lose lose

8. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Well, the Friends best-ofs sold well enough to convince WB that season sets were profitable, even with many HTF members boycotting those best-of discs...maybe the MWC discs will sell well among the general public, and thus we'll get rewarded for everyone else's stupidity when Columbia decides that the best-ofs sold well enough that season sets are profitable...

9. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I loved how the commercial on TV said "Now you can own your favorite episodes..."

Really? How did you possibly know which ones were MY favorite? Oh...I see, you picks some random ones....nevermind. Here, take my money!!! Take it!

10. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Now I have no doubt Columbia will release a full season 1 set of this series, after seeing the ratings for Sunday's reunion special - 19.2 million viewers, just a couple million less than the 2 new Simpsons episodes that preceded it.
    From Yahoo! News, courtesy of Variety:

11. RyanJo

RyanJo Auditioning

Wow. That 19.2 rating is huge. I wasn't expecting the show to do that well. Now, hopefully Columbia will make the season sets now. There is now no doubt that a ton of people are still interested in the series. Bring on the season sets.

12. Duncan Jones

Duncan Jones Extra

The favourate episodes here in the UK were the ones where we find out that Peggys family name is wanker. This has a whole different meaning in English slang. A bit of unintended humor[​IMG]

13. David Lambert

Duncan, I don't think that bit of humor was lost on EVERY American! [​IMG]
    I got it, anyway... [​IMG]

14. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I have a feeling a season set will be announced SOON. >>>

Sigh, it's all about the money. They could have shown respect for this series by doing it right the frist time, but a ratigns report will probably cause this to happen.

Oh well, at least we get the Season sets, and I didn't have to buy a single volume DVD.

15. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>Look at their other releases advertised in MwC: Volume 1. Every tv show is put out in season sets besides MwC.
    >

Yep. Just trying to milk the cash cow before they put out the season sets. They KNOW it was one of their highest rated shows even in it's 11th year. They KNOW it's one of their highest rated shows on the FX Block, if the E! True Hollywood Story is accurate.

All about the money in this case.

Sigh...I actually went looking for the MWC DVD on Sunday because I KNEW there was a chance the cable would be out during the snow storm. Didn't find it because it was sold out. Should have bought the All In The Familly Season one set instead..

16. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

I also watched the reunion special and then saw the dreaded commercial foe dics 2 of "best of" series then i got pissed. I am a HUGE MWC fan and want the box sets of every season......