What's new

Agents of SHIELD/ Agent Carter blu-rays? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I ordered Agent Carter season 2 from Amazon. Apparently, this is enjoying a region-free Blu-ray release in the UK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LTHLYFC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

91WGxDsq9tL._SX466_.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yeah, I got Carter season 2 from the UK, and Shield season 3 comes out at the end of January in the UK. All region- free.

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
I was a fan of Agent Carter, but... this is $7 per episode for a season that was far weaker than the first. Not quite worth it to me, I'm afraid. I will wait to see if the price comes down or if I can get a used copy cheaper.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was a fan of Agent Carter, but... this is $7 per episode for a season that was far weaker than the first. Not quite worth it to me, I'm afraid. I will wait to see if the price comes down or if I can get a used copy cheaper.

There were 10 episodes in season 2. Amazon UK is currently selling season 2 blurays for £19.99, or about $24.80 in US dollars. That works out to $2.48 per episode, far from the $7 you cite. Where are you seeing this $70 set?

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Shipping from Amazon UK is £0.99 per item plus £2.09 per delivery to the US (standard shipping at its cheapest, faster will cost you more). Cost of the Agent Carter set is £19.99 but they remove VAT for non-EU buyers so that means you're paying only £16.66 for the set. That makes a total of £19.74 which translates to US$24.31 at the current rate. Only a sucker would pay what Amazon.com is charging.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Where are you seeing this $70 set?

In link in the post at the top of this page.

Post 41? I guess my posts/page are set up differently

I'm not sure why anyone orders UK discs from Amazon US however. It's invariably cheaper just to order directly from AmazonUK though rarely is it nearly triple like in this case -- usually it's a 30-50% premium. Zavvi's shipping is cheaper, but shipping is generally slower and their CSR when there is a problem isn't known to be stellar.

I assume shipping from the UK would more than double the price.

No -- shockingly cheap as mentioned (Zavvi is even cheaper at 0.99GBP per order). Actually less to ship an item from UK to US than Domestic Non prime shipping though it comes as a cost in speed especially since AmazonUK seems to have abandoned RoyalMail as their primary conduit. 2weeks is average for mine. All my orders for the last 6-9 months have come Asendia and tracking is rarely available.

Marvel TV set - prices before VAT removal and shipping
Daredevil £19.20
Jessica Jones £24 (was around 20)

Agent Carter S1 -- £10.04 (low 9.99)
Agent Carter S2 -- 19.99

SHIELD S1 19.99 (low 13)
SHIELD S2 19.99 (low 15)
SHIELD S3 29.99

With the GBP exchange rate near 30 year lows I've cherry picked the deals so far between US and UK set. With no US releases at all fro many of these I'll likely wait for the price drops later in the year and likely pick up Daredevil, JJ, AC2, and SHIELD 3 closer to £10-15 ea. May pick up Outlander S1 and 2 at some point -- both seasons for around the same price as a single US season

Last edited:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Another place to watch for (occasional) cheap UK prices is Zavvi. Last year, they had a "Marvel multi-buy" sale where Agent Carter S1 and Shield S1 were included in a buy-one-get-one-free sort of deal (I think). I got them much cheaper than their US counterparts. Also ended up getting some of the movies, which were significantly cheaper than their US counterparts.

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
It looks increasingly like no more seasons of Agents of SHIELD will be released in the US, unless there's a complete series set at some point.

The TV-on-DVD market seems to be a lot stronger in the UK right now than in the US. If the shipping costs are that reasonable I foresee a lot of cross-Atlantic buying in the future.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Even with shipping from the UK, I have found the cost to be about the same as buying from a US retailer. Other than a few more days in the mail, you'd never know these discs were coming from England.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
For today only, I was able to use a discount code ("BIGTHANKS") at AMAZON UK that took 10 pounds off a 50 pound order. It made ordering these series quite a bargain. Hopefully it will work for others.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The BIGTHANKS code should work for all Amazon items (no 3rd party). The £50 base also is calculated after VAT removal so you have to have 60GBP in the cart before starting checkout to qualify. Some very nice deals on the older MArvel TV sets, Star Wars Rebels which haven't dropped at all in the US, etc. Unfortunately the Star Trek sets aren't at a great price point right now so the coupon brings the price close to what it was with no coupon before

Also it appears to be a today only code -- expires 11:59:59 GMT (around 7pm ET)

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My copy of Shield Season 3 arrived today from the UK. Glad to have this. One nit: the case is bigger than seasons 1 and 2 combined.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
My copy of Shield Season 3 arrived today from the UK. Glad to have this. One nit: the case is bigger than seasons 1 and 2 combined.

If the pictures on Amazon are correct, it must be because it's a DigiPak rather than a standard case? Anybody know if the early versions of UK S1 and S2 were also like this? I know that the copies I bought last year were in standard cases, so maybe this is something that will also get slimmed-down later?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another strange bit: there is no list of episode titles anywhere in the package.

Legion

Agent
Real Name
Scott
Hi all.
I'm really in to AoS. Watched every series so far (on series 5 atm)
Sadly, I also buy the boxsets once they are available.
However, I can not find season 4 boxset anywhere?
Google search doesn't come up with anything apart from bootleg copies.
They are even being sold on Amazon.
Does anyone have any ideas when they are going to release this?
Sadly, again, I have even emailed Marvel to ask if they have a date, lol. No response.
By the way, I'm in the UK so we are well behind our American cousins.
:)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Hi all.
I'm really in to AoS. Watched every series so far (on series 5 atm)
Sadly, I also buy the boxsets once they are available.
However, I can not find season 4 boxset anywhere?
Google search doesn't come up with anything apart from bootleg copies.
They are even being sold on Amazon.
Does anyone have any ideas when they are going to release this?
Sadly, again, I have even emailed Marvel to ask if they have a date, lol. No response.
By the way, I'm in the UK so we are well behind our American cousins.
:)
Disney discontinued the Blu-ray releases in the US after season 2. The UK got season 3 but it appears that will be the last.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I haven't given up on Season 4 blu-rays, at least in the UK. Yes, they are about two months behind when Season 3 was released last year, but many of us are still watching and waiting. Disney has been slow in releasing their Netflix series of shows as well, but all of them have been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks