What's new

Agent Under fire Thread. (1 Viewer)

Luke_H

Stunt Coordinator
This game is coming out for the ps2 soon. Does anyone know if EA is going to port it to the Gamecube?

Jon_B

Screenwriter
According to info I've read on the web about this game, it's suppose to be like Golden Eye on N64. I really loved that game on N64. If it is I sure hope it does become available for xbox and gc.

Jon

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I just played through the first level.

It has really nice menus. That's about the best thing I can say about it.

-Dave

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Check out Link Removed
I like this site as you seem to get a lot of decent reviews from a lot of people who have played the game. Of course you get the occassional ass who has nothing good to say but it beats having one persons opinion.
For the record, AUF got pretty average reviews (even from hardcore JB fans). I was looking very forward to this title too.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I loved Goldeneye. Now imagine Goldeneye, bereft of imagination and excitement, and you have Agent Under Fire. I feel dirty for mentioning the 2 games in the same sentence.

Okay, that was a bit harsh (maybe). The driving scenes are ok. But the overall package is laaaame. If you are interested, definitely rent before buying it.

Sidenote: I was hoping for a widescreen mode, since EA has been a supporter of that option, but no such luck.

-Dave

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The game is original and was written by the dev team, so if the plot sucks and the gameplay is dull, its more than understandable. EA didn't do too good with TWINE, either.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
IGN reported recently that Agent Under Fire is coming to GameCube early next year. February or March, I think?

Geno

Supporting Actor
Agent Under Fire..... Well as a huge fan of Goldeneye, I have to say I am dissapointed. Well shocked might be the name for it. What got me was the cheezyness of the game. Those "just a bit too mature comments by Bond" for a game aimed at kids. The "Bond moves" are a joke. Those hints you get from headquarters, basically says "hey this is here, go do this, then go do this" In the original Goldeneye, you had to figure out what to do, in this game, you just go thru the motions but never get involved with the game. This game could be like MGS2 and GTA3 together but its not even close to the enjoyment I got form either game. Another thing, did anyone find the nintendo controler for N64 to be a perfect setup for Goldeneye? The amount of customization for the PS2 controlers in this game are very weak. Anyway, I wish I could say something positive about this game...............

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The controls are just goofy. I switched to a setting like Halo's (#3, I think), which works great in fps mode. But then when you are in the mode where you are a passenge in a car, the controls reverse when you try to use the aiming mode. Sloppy. Very sloppy.

-Dave

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Am I in a minority who enjoyed this PS2 romp then? :D I got it with my console yesterday and am having a lot of fun with it. Sure it's no Goldeneye, I oculd never bring myself to hope for such a thing like that from EA, but I'm happy with this, I think they've done a decent job...
The game is nuts when I pipe it through Pro Logic II on my home theatre. Produces some stunning results!
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks