What's new

Age Old Question (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Opinions needed please.

IYO, if you had about $1600 to spend on speakers and you could get a package that included a set of Paradigm Reference 40's, 20's and a CC for an entire HT package (already have the sub), or ONE pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.1's, what would you do.

The Dynes (and Dimes for that matter) would be driven by either an Anthem MCA 5 or the new Parasound AT 5 channel amp combined with the soon to be released (we hope) Outlaw 950.

It's the age old question...quality over quantity (not that the Paradigms don't have great word of mouth too). See, my local Dynaudio dealer is about an hour away, but from what I'm hearing it's a drive I need to take before making my purchase.

Any thoughts from people who have heard side by side comparisons and can lend some advice? I have time to burn...not in a rush here.

Thanks.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Any thoughts from people who have heard side by side comparisons and can lend some advice?
Haven't heard either, but that's a no-brainer for me - I'd get the single pair of Danes without a second thought. Even if I were starting out with zero speakers. This does assume that I have (or plan to get) suitable source and amplification electronics, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks