What's new

AGE OF THE DRAGONS (TRAILER) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
The best flick Hollywood ever made about a dragon was DRAGONSLAYER, and I hope this might be the second. It's Moby Dick retold with a dragon. Looks good, so far. Wish DRAGONSLAYER would get a special edition, but, I think, we all know how Paramount is with their backlog of genre flicks. I'm still waiting for TICKS, THE BOOGENS, and THE VULTURE to hit "official" DVD.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I love me a good dragon movie, and that looks good but it does have a very Hollywood cheesyness to it.

One of the best dragon films is "Reign of Fire", that was a good one.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I've noticed most people, on other forums I've been on, keep bring up REIGN OF FIRE as a good dragon flick, but it did NOTHING for me. Yes, I loved the dragon effects and the action, but the story and characters just didn't pull me in. They should have told the story of how the dragons were decimating the earth rather than the "sequel" they went with right out of the gate.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by SWFF

I've noticed most people, on other forums I've been on, keep bring up REIGN OF FIRE as a good dragon flick, but it did NOTHING for me. Yes, I loved the dragon effects and the action, but the story and characters just didn't pull me in. They should have told the story of how the dragons were decimating the earth rather than the "sequel" they went with right out of the gate.

Not only that, but I HATED the scientific analysis of the dragons. It doesn't work when people attempt to scientifically explain something that's inherently an element of fantasy, such as dragons.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hope this film is better than the trailer makes it look. Some of the acting looked atrocious.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I liked DRAGONHEART, and then I suddenly didn't. So much so, I turned it in this year to DVD Empire for credit. AGE OF THE DRAGONS looks like a summer flick, wouldn't be surprised it made the 2011 roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks