What's new

Agatha Christie Collection Coming in September (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was both stunned and thrilled to read at THE DIGITAL BITS about the upcoming AGATHA CHRISTIE COLLECTION release set for the second week in September. The three Helen Hayes TV-movies based on Christie books (A CARIBBEAN MYSTERY, MURDER WITH MIRRORS, MURDER IS EASY), the three Peter Ustinov TV-movies (THIRTEEN AT DINNER, MURDER IN THREE ACTS, DEAD MAN'S FOLLY) and THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT and SPARKLING CYANIDE I just never thought I'd see on DVD. No, they're not as good as the BBC versions (done in period) with Joan Hickson and David Suchet, but on their own, they're highly enjoyable mysteries.

For the last few months, I've been burning DVD-Rs from the Encores Mystery showings of these films from the 1980s, and they've been a decent alternative, but I am so happy about this anouncement. September can't come fast enough!

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator

Hi Matt,

Do you have a link to the page about the Agatha Christie movies coming to DVD, I don't know how to find the article on Digital Bits

Regards,

Kris

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I haven't seen the Helen Hayes' Miss Marples, but I do look forward to them. I still need to pick up Warner Bros previous Marple set, starring the wonderful Dame Margaret Rutherford. Classics. I love them as much as the Hickson versions!

Andy

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Rutherford/Marples are loads of fun if not faithful to Christie at all. But they're cracking good mysteries, and that's all that counts.

Hayes makes a pretty good Marple, and her two Marple films have lots of good guest star names from films and TV. MURDER IS EASY, for those who don't know, is only parenthetically a Helen Hayes picture. The real star is Bill Bixby.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks