After years of dialup, finally connected via broadband!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by BertFalasco, Dec 2, 2003.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

This is so awesome. Only bad thing is Dishnetwork had used all my jacks so I sacraficed my viewing pleasure [in my room] for broadband, but I can go in the backyard and switch the cables...I know I can get the splitter but it was $30 and money unfortunately does not grow on trees.

In Orlando, DC, and here in VA.. there was never any provider and now I finally have it. The first thing I did to test speed was go here and click on the "Flash Version!" It loaded awesomely... The guy said my signal was amazing too!

Here I come [again] Counter-Strike!

Bert

PS - A married couple came to install and the woman at the end called in on her husband's walky -talky because she fell in a parking space outside, hopefully I am not eligible to be sued, it wasn't on my property. Can she say she tripped off my curb and do damage to me?

2. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Over the holidays I was using dialup at my sisters house. I couldn't believe how slow it actually is and after a few minutes just gave up on checking sites. Spoiled? Yes, but not ashamed of it.

3. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

4. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    When I went to college, CS and Starcraft were the games-du... uh... year. It was like magic and sex only clean. [​IMG]

5. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

You guys are absolutely right, me and some buds just got a server out here in VA because we're going to playing CAL this season, as soon as I order parts and build my new computer in the coming weeks, it is truly going to be amazing, here's the information :

204.157.6.165:27015

Play on it any time fellas, plus we're recruiting!