What's new

After Sony ES and Yamaha, I've temporarily returned to Harman Kardon....WOW!!! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I've totally forgotten how stunningly graceful and powerful the Harman Kardon sound is. I've had a couple of "flagship" receivers, but never have I enjoyed music as I do now. Music now sounds inspiring on my system. I'm using an HK AVR-320 in my living room and I literally can't stop listening to my CDs...I'm going on 6 hours of unproductivity. I've always liked the HT sound of the Sony ES and Yammies, but the HK holds its own w/ crystal clear quality sound at the maximum volume. I am waiting on the new Sony TAE-10Es preamp, but w/ the sound I am enjoying from the HK, I am no longer anxious for it. For use as a preamp or a receiver, you simply cannot go wrong w/ the HK. If only HK made a preamp again. Anyone else in love w/ the HK sound?

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
I too am really enjoying my HK320. When I was looking around I compared it to the Denon 2802 (brought both home) and for me the HK sounded much better. I was really impressed with its output and set-up capabilities.

My previous reciever was a Denon 3300, and Yamaha before that.

I'm now using it as a pre-amp with a Rotel 1075 power amp and am very pleased.

Did I mention the Logic 7! (I think I've only used DPLII twice)

Phil

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Have both the H/K 310 and 510, the latter coupled w/Parasound 855A...very sweet. My Emerald 97's just sing. The 310 is used in the bedroom and has all the quality power and sound I'll ever need there. With the 510 in the main system I get the superb H/K sound and a quality 5 channel amp with assignable channels in one package. Combined with the 855A that's 10 channels of sweet warm power.

Don't you just love the way these suckers can hold the sound together at absurdly high volume levels? All I ever hear is the Music getting louder and louder...I've yet to hear anything but clean signal from my speakers. Amazing.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Kevin and Phil, just curious but how much did you pay for your 320's? I'm in the market for one right now, and want to make sure that I'm getting good prices. If you want, you can PM or email me.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
699 at CC, probably ~400 at onecall.com.
Take a look at the 225 (~300 @Onecall) if you're looking at the 320, but remember the 320 is still more versatile w/ it's inputs.

Those of you with the H/K do you miss the ability to decode DD EX? I'm currently shopping for a new receiver and I have to say that I am VERY interested in the H/K models. I'm still wavering between the 320 and the 520 with a slight advantage going to the 520 :D

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Go with the 520 if you can. I have the space for DD-EX, but I have no need for it at all. A 5.1 setup done right still yields the best results for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks