After School Special box set

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by streeter, Jun 13, 2005.

1. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I read today about a new box set on davisdvd.com. It's all 12 discs from the existing 6 releases, plus a bonus disc with two additional episodes and bonus features. The new packaging also looks very cool.

This sounds really exciting, except... I already bought all the releases seperately when they were released over the past few months! Anyone know if there will be a chance to just get the bonus disc and new packaging (or even just the bonus disc) without having to buy everything all over again?

2. Rodney

Rodney Screenwriter
    Supporter

Well, that sucks. Those of us who bought all of them separately don't have the opportunity to get the exclusive extra two specials, or the radio interview?

3. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    someone from BCI Eclipse e-mailed me and said that the bonus disc will be available by itself later.

Still, too bad that I'll miss out on that school bus packaging.

4. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

Another one who bought the individual discs and was upset by the new release.

And am I the only one who really doesn't remember most of these titles? I watched these a lot in the 70's and 80's, but don't remember really seeing any of the ones that have been released.

5. Kevin EK

Kevin EK Producer
    Reviewer

I'm wondering what happened to "The Wave". I recently got to see a copy of it on tape and it still mostly holds up. But it didn't get included in any of the DVD releases. And I imagine there were a lot of other ones as well - but this one was the only one that stuck with me.

6. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    These release are exclusively episodes produced by Martin Tahse.

Here's hoping that BCI Eclipse will licence additional episodes from the other producers, since apparently they own the rights to their respective episodes.