after less than 50 burns,

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Christ Reynolds, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    my dvd+/-rw drive took a big fat dump. wont read any discs either. i treated it like a queen, i ONLY burned those 50 or so discs, nothing else. i bought it from overstock.com i think, when it was the only universal drive available. $300, refurbished with a 90 day warranty. so i am out of luck. i have purchased many sony products in the past, but i can assure you that i will never again. now that i am accustomed to having a dvdr drive, i cant not have one now, i'll be picking up the pioneer a06 drive, $125 from pricewatch. but i guess i cant complain too much, i now have a ($300) drink holder in my computer. [​IMG]

CJ

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

crap, that sucks Chris. I hate the worry of buying something that's refurbished because of stories such as this. Hope you get a long life outta that Pioneer.

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

4. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    funny like a clown, that seemed to prolong the death of the thing. and to think, that pioneer seemed pretty attractive at $125 shipped. anyway, its strange, i had tried that exact flash version before, and others, with no results. perhaps it was your signature that scared it. you have no chance to survive, make your time. anyway, the drive still exhibits the symptoms of failing like it did before. it wont read any discs, but it will write. i just sucessfully wrote to two dvd+r discs, but i cant read them after they are finished, i tried them in a different drive to verify they worked. well, i guess i can consider this a little more life out of a failing drive. thanks for the link (that i already tried) [​IMG]

CJ