What's new

After image (?) issue with Samsung qled (1 Viewer)

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I've had an issue with my Samsung QLED (QN82Q6FNAF) that I haven't been able to figure out. I have noticed that when some dark objects are presented against a light background, the display takes a moment or two for the image to disappear. I've included a picture I took while the disc was playing with my phone as an example. The image below is from the Space Adventure Cobra 4K disc, but the same issue appears when playing the DVD of that movie, for example. The bird should obviously not have afterimages like that. I've also noticed this when going through a channel guide, when the black text of a show title is against the white background, and I scroll sideways, the title visibly vanishes. Is there a setting I screwed up or missed somewhere? I've tried searching this online, but can't find anything that seems to match this issue.
IMG_5187.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Basically ANY setting claiming to "improve" the image actually makes it worse and is likely to cause weird problems. Look online to find what the "Null" setting is for sharpness (it varies) and turn off any of the video settings that claim they make any kind of improvement. There can be several of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks