After Hours - great extras too

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Looks like all of the new Scorsese discs are going to be must-buys.

Here are the extras for After Hours:

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I absolutely love this movie. Glad to hear this isn't getting the shaft.

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Matthew
Well it's about time, that's all I can say.

ZacharyTait

Cinematographer
Reaction score
I'll be picking up the Scorsese box set even though I've only seen Mean Streets and Goodfellas. Go ahead and flog me!

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor
Reaction score

Thank you Patrick!

That news just made my day! I absolutely adore this movie and I'm thrilled to learn that a commentary and a featurette are among the upcoming goodies. Excellent!!

KamyarB

Agent
Reaction score
Excellent! I have been waiting for After Hours to come out on DVD for ages. Can't wait to hear the commentary!

Joe Karlosi

Producer
Reaction score
Sounds Great! One of my very favorites, and I'm glad to hear about those fine extras!

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Reaction score
The release date is 8/17. It will retail at $19.97, or in a "Scorsese Collection" box with Goodfellas (2 discs), Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Mean Streets and Who's Knocking At My Door for $59.92 (!).

The details are over here.

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor
Reaction score
great news to hear that there are commentaries on the films

Gordon McMurphy

Producer
Reaction score
Was this film originally in stereo or mono? I'm sure my old VHS tape was in stereo. Apparently, the DVD will be mono.

Gordon McMurphy

Producer
Reaction score
Was this film originally in stereo or mono? I'm sure my old VHS tape was in stereo. Apparently, the DVD will be mono.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I can't wait to get this as well! I've only seen this movie once, and that was around 3 in the morning on a Saturday night about 5 years ago. I was definitely hooked though. I love movies such as this. "Eyes Wide Shut" is another I'd like to get which sort of gives off the same vibe, but the 1:33:1 ratio presented on that DVD makes that purchase a little difficult to make. Yes, I know Kubrick insisted on that ratio, but I'd much rather have it the way it was shown in theatres.

Anyway, "After Hours" is definitely on my wish list.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I can't wait to get this as well! I've only seen this movie once, and that was around 3 in the morning on a Saturday night about 5 years ago. I was definitely hooked though. I love movies such as this. "Eyes Wide Shut" is another I'd like to get which sort of gives off the same vibe, but the 1:33:1 ratio presented on that DVD makes that purchase a little difficult to make. Yes, I know Kubrick insisted on that ratio, but I'd much rather have it the way it was shown in theatres.

Anyway, "After Hours" is definitely on my wish list.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Great movie! I've been waiting for this disc for ages!

Not wanting to sound too ungrateful, I kind of (vainly) hope that something is altered in the film: Namely that some horrific threats are made against Griffin Dunne as he hides from the Catherine O'Hara led mob...

I just have never been able to see how Catherine O'Hara and two camp-looking guys could be seen as threatening. A little ADR could make them seen more threatening

Of course, I'm sure this might upset some purists out there (sorry).

John CW

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Great movie! I've been waiting for this disc for ages!

Not wanting to sound too ungrateful, I kind of (vainly) hope that something is altered in the film: Namely that some horrific threats are made against Griffin Dunne as he hides from the Catherine O'Hara led mob...

I just have never been able to see how Catherine O'Hara and two camp-looking guys could be seen as threatening. A little ADR could make them seen more threatening

Of course, I'm sure this might upset some purists out there (sorry).

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Mike
THANK GOD!

Now I can throw away another VHS tape.

Mike

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members