What's new

After Forever (1 Viewer)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I posted some comments here a few weeks ago to a thread where someone (I THINK it was Mike Broadman) needed help identifying a metal vid he's seen, which turned out to be DIMMU BORGIR.

Somewhere in the thread, I mentioned how much I like LACUNA COIL, and I was advised to check out a Dutch band called AFTER FOREVER. I checked out their soundbytes on their official website, and I was HOOKED!

Well, after MUCH searching online (their CDs are NOT easy to come by, unless you want to pay over $30 for each), I've got a few of their CDs coming.

I just wanted to say "THANKS" for the advice, gang, but my wallet HATES you guys...:)

So, to avenge my wallet...have you guys heard a similar band called WITHIN TEMPATION? I just ordered one of their CDs after seeing a video on their website (I found out about them on AE's website...WT's singer did a duet on an AE album). AMAZING!!!

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Hey Don,

I'm glad to hear that you like them. I also am waiting for their new album to show up in the mail. Be patient, I waited for Prison of Desire for over 3 weeks!!

It's hard to believe that most of the band members are in their early 20's if not younger.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
It's the new "Invisible Circles" album I want most of all, but I don't wanna shell out 25-30 bucks for it (plus shipping). I'm hoping it'll get picked up for a domestic release, but I'll probably fork over the big bucks for the import WAAAAY before that happens!

I'm amazed that AE are so young and gifted. Singer's easy on the eyes, too.

Are you familiar with WITHIN TEMPTATION?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

They are if you know where to look.

For bands like this, you should be familiar with The End Records. (www.theendrecords.com) Great prices and good selection. They don't have the new one yet, it seems.

If you are a fan of After Forever, you should pick up Epica. This is Mark Jansen's new band, basically making the same kind of music he did with After Forever.

I also think you should check out The Gathering. Awesome band.

Jason

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Jason,

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out. I found a site that sells the EPICA CD cheap enough to warrant a "blind buy."

I like THE GATHERING, but I only have "Mandylion" so far.

I really love all this atmospheric, female-fronted metal. I love it when women can hold their own in heavy metal (ARCH ENEMY, LACUNA COIL, LULLACRY). I've also gotta get a hold of NIGHTWISH and EDENBRIDGE soon enough.

A friend of mine thinks the only reason I love female-fronted metal is because the girls are good-looking. The fact they're beautiful is only the icing on an already sweet cake.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Tarja is an amazing singer. The music is pretty average, but she makes it worth it. I'd recommend if they come to your town (they are doing some US shows this fall), that you check them out. I haven't been nearly impressed by Edenbridge.

For a smaller band, I'd always recommend my buds, Brave. Michelle is also a great vocallist. Go check them out at www.bravemusic.com

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks