What's new

After Earth Quick Review (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
mattCR said:
Let me first say this isn't as bad as Lady in the Water, a film I consider his worst. But I have to add that it is probably worse than "The Happening",,,
Worse than The Happening? Oh wow. I'll wait for Netflix. FWIW Lady In The Water seems like master work compared to it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I saw this the other day Cam.
Cameron Yee said:
Lou Lumenick might have the best insult ever....
2. “Eleven years and several progressively more dreadful movies after Signs, director M. Night Shyamalan would be lucky to get a gig directing traffic.” Lou Lumenick, New York Post

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
And yet Hollywood keeps throwing money at the guy. Go figure.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thought I'd share this PM I got over at IMDB after someone found my review:

*beep* u idiot, jaden smith is a great young actor just like his father, have u ever seen the pursuit of happiness? He was great in it, he is just a kid u arrogant ass, so *beep* u louzy sack of *beep*

Guru Kast

Auditioning
mattCR said:
I will say this now: had I known this was M. Night Shyamalan, I don't know if I would have went. The moment I knew, I had mixed feelings. It may have tainted my experience, but about 3/4 of the way into the film, as I stared at my watch and thought "What is this?" I realized my first instinct was right.

Let me first say this isn't as bad as Lady in the Water, a film I consider his worst. But I have to add that it is probably worse than "The Happening" making this the second worst film of his that I've seen, and considering "The Happening" features plant life that evolves over night Ed Wood style to wipe out humanity, that's saying a lot.
I don't think anything was as bad as his mangling of Avatar.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Michael Elliott said:

*beep* u idiot, jaden smith is a great young actor just like his father, have u ever seen the pursuit of happiness? He was great in it, he is just a kid u arrogant ass, so *beep* u louzy sack of *beep*
Ah yes, the beautiful IMDB community!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Michael Elliott said:

Signed, Jada P. Smith

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I haven't seen this film, but I am also shocked that I didn't know this was directed by Shyamalan. I remember when you couldn't go to a movie without seeing a trailer for "The new film from M. Knight Shyamalan".

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Considering the turkeys he's made and how long it has been since he made a decent film, how does Shyamalan keep getting directing jobs?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I wonder if the Big Smith got him this job just so he could call more shots???
I personally enjoyed DEVIL and thought it could have been much better had Shyamalan directed it. I think this is the type of film he needs to get back to because he obviously can't control a big budget and I think most people have given up on him and will stay away from his pictures. Perhaps he can go overseas, make something worthy and then let word of mouth get back to the U.S..

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Dreadful it was. I won't play the bluray again. Might as well sell it.

1395227_10152024561405149_869033895_n.jpg

1456107_10152024562215149_1063724444_n.jpg

I even paused the film as it was boring in dtsHDMA 5.1, didn't make feel like I was there? So I made a sandwich.

1450275_10152024563115149_1800228489_n.jpg

I then resumed the film and even skipped a few chapters as it was boring the its off me. Glad I didn't waste this on the projector in 1080i, but to think I wasted time on the Sony CRT 28" is unforgivable.

1454642_10152024564460149_13685561_n.jpg

Rating -1.0 :thumbsdown:

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
I haven't seen the movie, but that sandwich looks pretty horrifying.
Well that is about the extent of the film that was terrifying. I figured the sandwich can't be as bad as what I'm watching? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks