What's new

After adding a 5-CH Amp - Now what do with the receiver amps? (1 Viewer)

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
2 months ago, I added a Parasound HCA-1205 (140x5) to get me one step closer to separates. Now I was thinking before I make jump to getting a pre/pro, I figure I could still see if there is anything I can do with my Denon 3802 internal amps.

Current setup is that I have the Parasound powering the mains, center, and side surrounds. The Denon is just powering the rear surrounds.

So I was playing with the idea of trying out the multi room feature and was wondering if I could use the internal amps of my Denon to power speakers in another room? What would be the best way to work this. What amps in the Denon allow for multiroom? Is it just rear surrounds? Do I have to have the Parasound power the rears instead so that I can free up the rear surrounds amps in the Denon?

Thanks for any help.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
How's the volume control done for the second source? I'm probably going to need to reseach volume control wall plates.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hi Greg,

I know with H/K this requires external amping but since the 3802 has the extra channels it would likely be configurable with the internal amps. H/K has Main Ins though where Denon doesn't. Hmmmm. I'll read up on it in the manual and get back to you. Maybe we can make some sense out of it.

Yep, just got back from checking and you cannot use the Surround Back in the Main Room with Multi Room use. As you do not have Main amp inputs for any channels it looks like you are either going to have to switch power connections with a set of any of the Main Room speakers from the amp or use the surround backs ala Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks