After 4 years, I finally now have a 5.1 receiver!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeH1, May 14, 2002.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Last week I went out and purchased the Denon 2802. Now the Mirage speakers I have (Om 10, MC 2, Om R2 and BPS 150i sub)now have some hardware running them that doesn't make my ears bleed (I was previously using a Kenwood 2 channel reciever circa 1974).

In the summer of 1998 I had my eyes set on the 2700 and then the upgraded model the 2800 the next year. Then it went to the 2801 and alas, last year, the 2802.

I knew it was time.

To complete the system, I still have a long ways to go. I'm using a Sony PS2 as my DVD player( a DVD-A player is in order), a new sub with more slam (can't wait for an SVS to grace the living room floor) and a couple of speakers for the surround back.

The first DVD I bought to listen to this was Fleetwood Mac's The Dance. Absolutley incredible. Listening to Stevie sing Silver Spring sends shivers up my spine...great stuff.

2. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Congrats. Time to try some reference DVDs. Off the top of my head, I'd say 'SPR' dts, "The Mask of Zorro" dts, 'Blue Man Group' dvd-audio, "Das Boot", "Titan AE" dts, etc., etc.