What's new

After 33 years, Petra calls it quits (1 Viewer)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
It's sad, but I think it's time. The band probably should have bowed out gracefully when they were closer to the top in the mid nineties. They haven't been the same since Bob Hartman retired from the road. Bob can still write and produce. John Schlitt can still sing in another band or on his own. They can still be relevent. It's just time to retire the band and move on.

Now, if we could just convince Eddie Van Halen of the same thing...

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Bob has been touring again for a few years. The last album "Jekyll & Hyde" was a grittier, harder rock, but with only John and Bob left it pretty much signaled the end. They will finish up commitments and touring through Nov. or so. I would love to see a "good-bye" concert featuring as many of the members over the years as they could get, just jamming together (esp. if they could get Greg X. Volz back).

Godspeed Petra, you'll never know the impact you've had on my life.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow, I didn't even know they were still around.

The last album I really remember from them is "This Means War!".

They certainly did some good stuff in the 80s, tho.

Jason

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

I too am very unfamiliar with their music. I only remember John Schlitt from his Head East days (great vocalist). Can any of you recommend a good album to start with? Do they have any compilations out yet? Thanks! :emoji_thumbsup:

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
They have many, many, many compilations.

Their late '80s stuff was the most popular, from "This Means War" to "Beyond Belief". Discography

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks