After 2 weeks.... Finally pulling the trigger.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Shawn*M, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Shawn*M

Shawn*M Extra

Well, I've been listening to different receivers over the past 2 weeks. I auditioned Pioneer Elite, Denon, HK, Yamaha, and Onkyo Integra. I've decided to bite the bullet and get the Pioneer Elite 56txi. The Pioneer seemed to have the best sound of them all and this receiver has some serious GUTS! I just got back from listening to the pioneer one last time. The sales guy put in the dvd Behind Enemy Lines. I cranked the volume up to -5 and OH MAN! This thing was so LOUD my ears couldn't take it for very long. About 20 seconds or so after I turned the volume up to -5 a missle went across screen and then blew up. It shook the living hell out of the demo room. I wanted to see what kind of power this thing had and MAN was I impressed. Listened to this with an all Def Tech setup including sub. This receiver should keep me from the upgraditis for some time. Anyway just wanted to share my experience with this. Can't wait to get this thing and get it hooked up!

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

The 56TXI is a great receiver--congratulations! I had a 45TX and not only was it a great sounding unit, but built very solidly as well. The MCACC auto set-up and EQ can really make a difference too.

Let us know how you like it once you get it home.

Enjoy.

DJ

3. Shawn*M

Shawn*M Extra

Thanks David. Will report back once I get it and hook everything up. Can't wait!