What's new

African Queen Blu-ray screen caps on dvdbeaver.com (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I just finished viewing the movie tonight and will offer some thoughts on the soundtrack - I never experienced anything negative about it - from the beginning scene in the jungle it sounded open and natural, the birds and other creatures having a good presence here and throughout the film. Perhaps I should say ambiance?. I have a pretty decent and revealing setup with floor standing speakers and that may have helped with the apparent fullness, but then, I have heard enough older movies with barely adequate quality , so obviously despite being only DD 2.0 mono it was above average for a mono recording. I did not feel I was missing anything. If you can turn the volume up somewhat and enjoy it without hearing any harshness it says something. On DVD Beaver he mentioned it being somewhat "tinny", something I never detected. All in all, a very enjoyable film, and the colors looked pretty good too. The Special Feature "Embracing Chaos: Making The African Queen" was quite informative, in HD, and ran just over 45 minutes, although DVD Beaver lists it at around 60 min., maybe I misread the track time on my player.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It is starting sound like Paramount did this right. It is buy for me anyway, but I am starting to really look forward to it. Can't wait to hear other comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks