AFP: American Fighter Pilot...anyone watched it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

This show premiered last week on CBS and looks quite a bit more interesting than most of the "reality" crap that's out there. To the uninitiated, it follows three Air Force trainees in their bid to become F-15 pilots. I thought it did a good job showing the trials of newcomers into the pilots' fraternity. I also like the contrasts of the the three guys they are following...the two lower key family guys and the brash,cocky newlywed (who I wouldn't mind seeing flunk out.)
    The show's producers include Ridley and Tony Scott and it has their signature all over it including the disarming rapid-fire edits that are more indicative of music videos at times. Still, well worth an hour of my time. Look forward to seeing the future episodes starting with tonight's. [​IMG]

2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I haven't watched it before, but I'm definitely watching it tonight. The thought of it in HDTV makes it all the more appealing.

3. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

AFP is in HD but don't get too excited looking foward to it..It is one of the worst HD transfers I have seen on TV...The show is pretty good though...

4. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

I don't know if Mike I watched the same CBS HD feed as I did. Some of the footage that was shot on 1080i video, looked almost 3D, with incredible detail and clarity. You could see every little guage and control on the cockpit scenes, and every rivet on the exteriors of some of the f15 shots. Other shots, however looked liked they were shot on standard VHS. A mixed bag, but the 1080i stuff was breathtaking. Oh, and the show was pretty good too!

Marc.

5. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

I watched it. Can never get enough of fighter jets.

6. Marque D

Marque D Stunt Coordinator

AFP looked good when they didn't try and add every one of those crazy Final Cut Pro special effects. But since my new years resolution was to stop being so critical video quality and watch thing more for their content I'm going to give the show another shot. But these new glasses I've got have made those artifacts stick out more than ever. [​IMG]

7. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

It's a pretty interesting show...
    Too bad the F-14 Tomcat eats Eagles for breakfast. [​IMG]
    Go Navy!